NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marie Rublee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Nov 1999 15:47:08 -0500
Wow Deborah! Thanks for all the great ideas. Since this is our first year
with the non-dairy challenge, I'm still muddling along but here are a few
favorites:
1. Banana bread slices with "Better than Cream Cheese" (tofutti brand)
filling
2. Our own version of a "pizza lunchable".  I send homemade pizza crusts,
tomato sauce and pepperoni and she "builds" her own.
3. Spread slices of deli turkey (make sure it's lactose free) with mayo and
mustard.  Wrap them around bread sticks.
4. French toast strips.  Mix 1 egg, cinnamon, nutmeg, and vanilla. Saturate
one slice of bread with the mixture. Cut in strips and fry.
5.  Jello made with gelatin packs and 100% fruit juice. I use those small
glad containers.
I just bought a new lunch box idea book. I'll send any new ideas along if
they meet with kid approval.
Thanks for sharing!
Marie