NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Barbara Pollack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 23:16:28 -0400
>  I found your post interesting because I think we eat about the same way.  I
>never really tried ketogenic dieting but because I function best on meat,
>fish, vegetables and fruit - well, I guess it is a modified K.D  I cannot
>handle dairy or soy, grains, sugar or too much dried fruit like raisins.  I
>believe I have leaky gut syndrome (some other complaints too but I won't get
>into specifics unless you want) I spend a lot on good quality meat and
like my
>vegetables cooked in a little olive oil in a well-seasoned cast iron pan.  I
>used to have a problem with hypoglycemia but that has seemed to go away.
I do
>take vitamins and mineral supplements.  I do cheat sometimes but not too
much.
>What is your modified version?  Thanks, Jane

Your diet sounds like "Neanderthin" by Ray Audette.  I haven't read the
book but it's basically eaten only what cavemen could have eaten before
agriculture and animal husbandry.  The philosophy fall in the category of
Paleonutrition.   The idea behind it is that there hasn't been enough time
for human beings to eveolve sufficiently to handle our technological foods.
 Therefore eating dairy, grains, etc. causes health problems, including
many that are not beleived to be dietary in origin.

Barbara