NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 15:02:17 -0500
I don't know how heating affects casein in milk, but our own experience
has been that different forms of casein can produce different reactions in
a person.  My husband can eat a product containing sodium caseinate and
not experience any noticeable reactions, while all other forms of casein
in the slightest amount cause problems.  It could be that one person's
casein allergy works in such a way that heating milk alters the casein
just enough to make it tolerable for that individual.  It seems unlikely
but it's a guess.

Gail Lewis