NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alex Oren <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Feb 2006 10:40:24 -0500
Christy Martin wrote:
> Hi no-milk folks,
>   Here's an interesting article from today's Seattle Times about  McDonald's and what
>   they put in their fries.  This explains a  couple of choking incidents I've had with
>   fried foods such as onion  rings and french fries (not at McDonald's).  Why I'm able
> to eat  yogurt and cheese yet have occasional sudden reactions is still a  mystery.

Fine.

Does anyone know who should I write to in MacDonald's (preferrably in Canada) to tell them that, because of their "knowing but not telling" policy, I have lost all faith in their ingredients list and therefore
(a) My family would never set foot in any of their restaurants, and
(b) I would actively advocate that other people do the same.

Our allergist srtessed the importance of total avoidance for having a chance to outgrow the allergy.
If MacDonald's knowingly omitted facts and thus jeopardadised my daughter's health and future well-being, I'd like to hurt them.  Bad.

Since acts of personal violence against their management are discouraged by the government, the only legal way that I know to hurt a corporation is through a large and well-publicized class-action suit.

Usually, I'm opposed to those (because, at the end, the only people who benefit are lawyers) but this time it's not about "compensation".  I want their collective asses served to them on a platter and I do not care one bit if some shyster gets filthy rich in the process.

Is there a case to be made here?