NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberly Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 13:07:35 EST
In a message dated 1/25/99 8:00:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< I just started putting sour cream in a
 borsht recipe two days ago and suddenly I'm getting a lot of phlem
 (coughing for several hours after sour cream).  WOuld this be a casein or
 lactose intolerance problem?

 Also, does anyone on the list get 'fuzzy thinking' as a symptom of dairy
 intolerance? This has also been a recent problem for me along with
 fatigue. I have an appt with my gastroenterologist this coming week and am
 wondering if any of the above calls for a lactose tolerance test while I'm
 in there? >>

Sounds more like allergy to me, as lactose intolerance doesn't cause
respiratory symptoms.  I also get the "fuzzy thinking" from dairy, though I
didn't even realize my thinking was "fuzzy" until I stopped dairy and realized
how much clearer my head was.
BTW, some people have lactose intolerance AND dairy allergy at the same time;
quite common I believe.  Good luck!

Kim Sherwood