NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 14:10:26 -0500
On Fri, 18 Jan 2002, Mark Feblowitz wrote:

> I've found that airlines are among the worst (and riskiest) offenders. I
> routinely order the Vegan/NonDairy meal, and they all-too-often mess up.
> Mostly it's in the salad dressing that contains cheese, the margarine that
> contains whey, or the dinner roll that contains milk. (That last one had me

I've had really good luck with airline food by specifying kosher meals.
To be kosher, they can't mix meat and dairy, so if it's a meat meal, you
should have nothing to worry about.  If it's not a meat meal, odds are
good it'll be dairy based, and a loss.  My last trip, 3 of 4 airline meals
were meat (and very good).  Also, the kosher meals are generally sealed in
plastic (I suppose so the recipient knows the food hasn't been handled in
such a way to ruin its kosher status), so you know they haven't added to
it or cross contaminated it.

Just carry enough snack food that if you don't get food you can eat, you
can get by.

--
 Jon Lewis *[log in to unmask]*|  I route
 Atlantic Net                |