NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rosie McKeever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 May 1998 14:54:47 EDT
   Juanita,
   I've always been so sickly and on antibiotics.
   Before this all hit 2yrs ago I used to drink a gallon of milk in 2
days...now I can't touch a drop.  ugh.
   The ER Doctors dubbed it "spastic" bowel and gave me antispasmodics (sp?)
for pain.   It wasn't until a month later & the elimination diet that I even
had a hint of a food allergy/lactose defficiency.
   I was sick with nausea/diarrhea/bloating all through my childhood and when
I was treated with nerve pills, and prescribing immodium etc. I could've been
tested for food allergies.
   I'm glad I know now what I'm looking at although it's frustrating makes me
so angry (at myself) because I can't go on ice cream runs, pizza nights, etc.
   I just need to educate myself and get tips on a whole other way of cooking.
   Hugs,
   Rosie