NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Nov 1999 17:37:17 -0500
Duncan Hines cake mixes are sold in Loblaws stores here in Toronto. They
also own Superstores so they will likely carry them too. I don't recall if
Dominion carries them. If you live in the East, I'm sure you can find them
somewhere. I've not seen any dairy free icings though. They tend to use
butter.....

I have a very easy to make recipe for chocolate icing. You mix 5T of cocoa
with 5T of melted non-dairy margerine. Add icing sugar till it thickens. I
prefer to add 2 tablespoons of hot water to dilute the mixture and add a
bit of icing sugar. I get a better consistency that way. Oh, add a teaspoon
of vanilla too.
This is a very easy, very quick and excellent icing.

Don M