NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 1999 20:48:36 +0200
Hi all,

Some of you may remember and some don't know ... but I
have adopted a Disabled Little Girl who has horrible
food allergies.  The Adoption was just final so I'm
starting the 'road' ... I took her to the Doctor the
other day and the Doc was SHOCKED at her engorged
belly.  (duhhhhhhhh) ... so she did xrays and blood
work and a poop test (looking for parasites).  All
came back normal.  Spoke to the Assistant today and
said 'what's next' ... she said they had no idea.  I
said I wanted a referral to a Nutritionist or Dr.
Rapp and she said that the 'system' did not pay for
that kind of thing!  You have to be KIDDING as many
disabled kids are affected?  ACKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK
So anyone have any suggestions?  I'm preparing this
for suit this is NUTS.  I'll call my attorney tomorrow
but in the interim my daughter has suffered all her
life enough is enough ... not to mention I'm going
broke giving her all these supplements she's doing
like 2,000 to 3,000 calories a day just to maintain
her little 30 pounds *sigh*.  (She's 5)  HELP!

Love,

Amy