NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
jpreston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jun 1998 08:14:47 -0400
For severe anaphylactic reactions to food (milk), but it's used for
anaphylaxis to anything, my daughter carries with her an auto-injector of
epinephrine (called an EpiPen).  It administers 0.3 mg of medicine that
will buy her some time to get to the E.R.   We carry 2 with us all the
time.   We also keep extras at her school and places where she often is (my
work, etc).

If you don't know what it is, chances are you don't need it.  :)  I hope
that's true . . . cause it's a daily concern to have to watch every bite
that goes into your mouth.  As Food Allergy Network's video says, "a little
bite can kill you."

Good luck