NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Clif Flynt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 10:37:02 -0500
> I just thought it was funny that someone would travel to Jerusalem and
> eat at KFC.

Actually, it's not funny at all.

I spent three weeks in Japan a few years ago on a business trip.  For
breakfast and lunch I wandered the streets and ate what I found that
looked interesting.  ("ichi" means one, if you point at something and
say "ichi", you'll get one of them.  I don't know the names of half of
what I ate.)

For dinner, (usually after 9:00 PM when I got back to my hotel), I ate
at McDonalds.  It was food that I knew my stomach would recognize,
and I'd be able to sleep.  It was important that I sleep and be rested
in the morning, since I was working 14 hour days.

I found that I could deal with an upset stomach during the day while I
was moving around and could visit the bathroom if necessary, but I
really needed to be comfortable at night to get enough sleep.

I certainly won't reccommend fast food to other travellers, but on that
trip McDonalds made my life liveable.

  --- http://www.msen.com/~clif  ------------   [log in to unmask]   ----------
   -- In theory there is no difference between theory and practice --------