NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandra Sheeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 19:13:13 -0800
Fleischmann's Light is also Parve, but it is not great for baking because the light margarine seems to have a higher water content.  We use it for spreading on muffins, etc.  I like to use Hain Safflower Oil Margarine for baking.  It is available in health food stores, but I just noticed that it DOES contain soy, if you are trying to avoid that.  If you have a WalMart store nearby their Sam's Choice chocolate chips are dairy free.  My son eats them with no problem.
Sandy
  Kathryn Rasure <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
I just joined the no milk list and I am looking for brands of margarine that
don't contain soy protein or milk products. I have heard that there are
Parve brands but when I am shopping I can't find any. Also I would like to
bake some cookies for the holidays that my husband and my daughter would
like. Only my daughter is milk and soy sensitive in our family and she is
only two so I hate making a big batch of something no one else in the family
will eat. She loves chocolate chips. Are there any brands that are made
without dairy?

She is not sensitive to any grains.

Thanks,

Kathryn