NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Nelson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 21:25:25 -0400
Kebridan  wrote :
>  Is that all your daughter is allergic to, corn and milk?
So far, that's all we know.  We'll just take it from here.  She is also
very allergic to poison ivy, but that's her skin not her behavior.

> My 10 yr. old is starting out by eliminating milk, but I
> know he has cheated a few times so far this week.
Yeah, we can tell when she slips candy.  Glazed eyes, zoned out - looks
like she drank beer.  She won't slip milk because the consequences are more
painful.

> It's tougher than I thought.  I wish, I wish, I knew all this
> when my kids were babies ...

Yeah, sigh.                      (long pause)

It's hard work - but she sees the difference too.  I'd rather spend extra
time cooking than pushing her when she can't function.  Overall, life is
easier now.  How are you deciding what foods to try?  If you're looking for
a list of likely suspects, I can point you to a couple sources.

Lisa