NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 18 Jul 2000 13:11:17 -0400
From: "Chance Family" <[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Rice Paper Wrap filling-- wheat/milk/egg free

I didn't realize they made a wheat free wrapper-- that said  I did a great combination for using this type of wrapper for a won ton.

Bear with me -- I am a throw it all in and mix it type of cook so measurements are approximate.

1 cup shredded carrot-- raw
2 TBS soy sauce
garlic to taste
1 can or 1 cup cream of mushroom soup(if needing dairy free-- make a dairy free white sauce and add chopped mushroom** see below for directions)
1/2 a cooked chicken breast-- diced small.

Combine all of above and set by teaspoon -fuls into center of wrapper.  Moisten edges to seal into a pocket of the won ton and fry till browned.

White Sauce:
**Melt 2 tbs margarine in saucepan.  Add 1 tbs rice or other flour and 1 tbs corn or potato starch and stir in well-- will make a paste.  Gradually add 3/4 c of rice milk or dari free and stir constantly over medium heat until thickened.

Add any seasoning or herb of choice to flavor and add your noodles and choice cooked vegies and tuna and you have instant good-- my kids love it.

Tammy