NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 21:33:04 -0800
On Fri, 30 Mar 2001 17:58:58 EST Malinda Leishman <[log in to unmask]>
writes:
> And what do you do when you have a major
> chocolate craving?  Im sure Im only craving it because for the most
> part, I cant have it.

Many dark chocolates will be dairy free.  Some are processed on the same
equip as the dairy chocolate so that might be an issue depending on your
sensitivity.  I actually will eat baking chocolate :-)  I've always loved
bittersweet chocolate anyway, so I just break a piece off and chew on it.
 My dairy allergic daughter eats the Dutch Process choco chips from
Trader Joe's.  Some store brands are dairy free too.  Use margarine or
shortening to make choco chip cookies.  You can find sweetened German
baking chocolate too - Baker's brand is made on dairy equip.  You can
bake other things with chocolate too - pure cocoa will not have any dairy
in it.  There are lots of great dairy free chocolate recipes - cakes (try
a wacky cake or even a flourless chocolate cake), chocolate sauce with
strawberries, etc.  Tofutti makes soy ice cream sandwiches that are dairy
free and really pretty good.  They come with either vanilla, berry, or
chocolate ice cream last time I checked.  Tofutti also makes a chocolate
chip cookie ice cream sandwich type thing that is just yummy also.

Kathy

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.