NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 May 1998 17:47:16 -0400
Hello Everyone,

John Long's office at Hershey Foods just returned my call. As of late this
afternoon there will be a notice on both Hershey's website and the Food
Allergy Network's stating that Hershey will be offering the original
"Special Dark" bar to customers via mail order on a trial basis.
         This is a sweet win for us all. Arlene J. Mathes-Scharf of
kashrut.com was the one who brought this to our attention first. I'm
pleased to note Arlene has applied to join our 1998 advisory board. Thanks
to kashrut.com, FAN, our parents and the FAN parents we have made a
difference. And of course we appreciate Hershey's sensitivity to our
family's special needs.
        In fact we will commending Hershey in our June newsletter for how
they handle the food allergy related wording on their "Shell Topping"
product. At the end of the ingredient panel they printed the OU - D. And
then also added this line:

Allergy Information: Manufactured in a facility that processes milk (milk
in bold).

Thanks everyone for making a difference,

Helen Fernety
Executive Director, Non-Dairy: Something to Moo About