NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
MaryBeth Noonan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Sep 2004 08:53:27 -0400
The flavors they currently have are all run on the same lines as the "unsafe
 falvors.  So I do not think the reisk would increase any more than the
current risk we all take now.  I've found over the years as my boys got
older that it was opk for them to have dairy free snacks/foods that were not
manufactured on "dedicated" lines that were dairy free.  I always stick with
a major manufacturer.  Kellogs, General Mills, Nabisco, Keebler.  I find
these mfg are the ones who keep in contact with FAAN and label their
products CLEARLY when an allergen is present.  However, it depends on the
child or adults sensitivity.  My boys are still anaphylactic is they EAT the
product.  But it no longer bothers them if it touches their skin or they get
a TRACE.

Beth