NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 11:48:20 -0500
On Feb 9, 2007, at 11:31 AM, Molly R Johnson wrote:

> Thanks Shez
>
> For the thoughts on alternatives to soy, I'll have to develop a
> taste for
> almond milk, now that I love soy. You did meantion creating a diet
> that is
> natural and doesn't use fake things to replace what we can't have,
> is there
> any paricular cook book or other items you use to help in this
> process? I do
> go overboard with soy alternative products to eat the things I used
> to eat
> with dairy.
============================

Molly

I tend to eat the way Dr Joel Fuhrman recommends in his book, "Eat to
Live" (www.drfuhrman.com.  There are great recipes on this site plus
information on how to change your diet to a natural one.  I do
however, highly recommend his book.

I also get tons of great recipes from www.fatfreevegan.com.  some of
the recipes tend to be heavy on tofu, I just don't use those ones.

Dr Fuhrman cites study after study about the bad effects of milk.  I
didn't read the studies because they had no relevance to me because
of my allergy.    But for people who are interested, they'll find
them there and in the book, "Don't drink your milk" by Frank Oski MD.

Shez