NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 17:29:18 -0500

> Robyn Kozierok wrote:
>
> >You also said once that ear infections were *always* eliminated by
> >eliminating dairy from the diet, yet my son had several ear infections
> >when he and I were both strictly and scrupulously dairy-free.
>
> In the Nsouli study they found that both dairy and wheat were problems.
> Equally balanced.

In Matthew's case he was also strictly wheat- and gluten-free at the
time too as far as his own diet was concerened, but was probably receiving
minute quantities of these through my breastmilk.

Besides, this study does not claim that removing wheat and milk
would *guarantee* no ear infections, as Dr. Twogood has claimed:

>    Food allergies may underlie many of these multiple episodes,

--Robyn