NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 1997 20:34:03 +0000
Marian wrote:

> Laura - Sodium stearoyl lactylate is not a milk (lactose) product - no problem for you,
> except for remembering that mouthful (parden the pun). However, sodium lactylate,
> lactalbumin, and galactose (a byproduct that may have casein but not lactose) are not ok.
> In order to remember all this gobbledegook I had to enter it into my palmtop computer
> which I take everywhere, and in fact consulted before responding to you.

Now I'm a bit more confused.  I'm pretty new to milk allergies --
just found out about mine on Nov 14.  What is the difference between
sodium stearoyl lactylate and sodium lactylate?

Thanks for the information.  I think I need to get a palmtop computer
to remember all the different names milk comes under.

Laura

"I'm tryin' to contain an outbreak here and you're drivin' the monkey to the airport!"
   -- King of the Hill