NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Marcotte <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 07:01:32 -0500
Joanne -- You may not have a casein allergy. I suffer(ed) from the same
symptoms as you but seem to be able to handle a milk substitute (Vitamite)
which has casein in it. On the other hand, anything with lactose and other
milk ingredients adversely affects me. I still don't know which milk element
causes me to feel unwell for  3 days with the exclusion of casein. I get all
of the classic LI symptoms if I eat something with dairy in it. I can even
eat a lactose free cheese with apparently no ill effects. I'm beginning to
wonder if lactose is both an intolerance and an allergy for me. I'm glad
you're feeling better. The symptoms you describe are classic and resolved
through avoiding dairy.     However, that is much more easily said than
done. Milk is used everywhere!!

Good luck.

Don

-Subject: Casein Allergy Symptoms

>Before I gave up dairy nearly 4 weeks ago, I suffered from nightly bouts of
>throat clearing and coughing due to a feeling of congestion in my lungs. I
am
>interested to hear from anyone who also experienced these symptoms which
went