NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
psam ordener <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 May 1998 22:06:49 -0700
My daughter has LI no banning of milk is
> currently needed or envisaged if a pupil joined the
school with serious
> reaction to milk I wonder if milk would be banned?
> --------------
My son is seriously allergic to milk protein, and I would
never consider asking everybody else to avoid milk on his
behalf!  However, we've had a couple of trips to the school
nurse because someone in the cafeteria spilled a drop of
milk on his arm, or dripped ice cream on his arm, and it
swelled.  I had more trouble in kindergarten convincing the
teacher he couldn't do projects in which they painted with
pudding, or mixed up things with milk powder, or some such.
 He eats with his best friends who are very careful about
their own milk products around him.  Don't think we need
any more laws - just good common sense and courtesy!

Just my $.02 worth.

psam

Motherhood - not just a job, it's an Adventure!