NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jan 2000 17:33:32 -0500
>The deadly part is
>often the sauces. The servers never think of what goes into it.

That goes for all "sub-ingredients". I once asked about the "Italian Soup"
at the cafeteria at work (with warning signals going off in my head).
They're usually very good about telling me what's safe for me to eat. That
particular day, the chef said the soup was ok, forgetting that he had put
tortolini (sp?) in the soup, and that it contained cheese. It was a *very*
worrisome sprint to my office to get my rescue meds once I felt the
reaction start to set in. I now carry my meds everywhere, and I ask twice
when there's any doubt in my mind,  and I sometimes ignore both answers and
go for something safe, especially if I do not have full confidence that
the  server "got it."

Mark Feblowitz                  [log in to unmask]
Senior Principal MTS                    (781) 466-2947
GTE Laboratories Incorporated   (fax) (781) 466-2618
Waltham, MA 02451                       http://TEC.gte.com/MarkFeblowitz