NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. Steiner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 22:05:59 -0800
 But
> recently I tried a couple slices of good quality pizza
> with low fat mozzarella and thick bread from a
> gourmet deli (with some Lactaid pills).  My stomach
> started turning with the first bite.  The low fat cheese
> has more lactose than the cheap stuff and the dough
> must have had whey in it.
>
> Good luck figuring things out.
>
> Dave

Hi Dave,
As I mentioned earlier today on another post, mozzarella does the same to
me.  The only one I can handle (and a limited amount) is the fresh
mozzarella found at the Italian groceries, packed in water.  The rest,
forget it.  I get CRAMPS AND DIARRHEA for a couple o days, and very
painful.
Elaine G. book on SCD forbids Mozzarella.  It is if I'm not mistaken it is
the only prohibited hard (or semi hard) cheese in her list, if my memory
serves me well.
I still fight it each day trying to figure out what food did it this time!
As you say and know, it is near impossible to figure it out.
Stay well,
Chao,
Monica