NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Crystal Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Dec 1997 07:33:16 -0500
> more I learn about dairy the more I don't mind at all not being able to
> have it.  However, I have also now taken my family off of dairy (husband
> and 4 kids).

Same here.  I went off dairy on my own because of allergy and sinus
problems.  It took a couple of weeks but I have mostly cleared up.  Right
now I have some weather related stuff going on but nothing like it used to
be when I did the milk thing.  I, too, changed my husband and sons' diet by
eliminating dairy as well.  My husband was beginning to show signs of
serious LI (ironic because he works for a major dairy company here in FL)
and my sons have the same kinds of allergies and sinus difficulties I do.
My 15 yo even mentioned it one day noting that since I had taken away his
milk he wasn't having as many sinus and congestion problems.  Imagine that.

>I appreciate as much info
> as I can get about dairy so that I can defend my position of eliminating
> dairy from my family's diet.

Me, too.

Society is so brainwashed into thinking that
> dairy is so important in our diets, it is difficult to explain to people
> that we're off of dairy without allergies being the reason.

Why try to explain?  Tell them to read Fit for Life or any of the other
books discussed here and they will want to be off dairy themselves. :-)

>Polycythemia Vera, which I believe has been held in check by my new diet.

I have MS which, I feel, as does my doctor, that due to major changes in my
diet and eating habits (almost all natural and organic foods, nothing
processed if I can help it, way less meat), is totally in remission.  I
have little or no symptoms.  So many people just don't understand the
importance of truly nourishing their bodies, instead of clogging them up
with dairy and other toxins.

> they feel I've gone off the deep end when it comes to my family and their
> diet.  Oh well, time will tell.

So what.  If you don't take care of your family and teach them good eating
habit, who will?

Crystal