NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Paula Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 May 1997 16:55:11 -0400

<< I'd like an opinion on what the list would think if I let him sample
cheese.
  (He's never had it)  Would this be like the whey protein?  What other foods
 with the whey protein could possible be ok with him and are there any other
 milk proteins not as severe with foods I could try.  Help.....Thanks

ONE LITTLE SIP OF FORMULA WITH WHEY IN IT PUT MY CHILD INTO ANAPHACTIC
SHOCK!!!! I THOUGHT HE WAS GOING TO DIE!!! Luckily, we lived close to a
hospital and he was okay.    Please consult your physician before attempting
to "sample cheese" it might be your child's life at risk.     For those
people with lactose intollerances, they sometimes can digest some proteins.
 If you alleric to dairy, please beaware that your child is ALLERGIC  and its
risky to use products with any dairy in them.