NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Gail Fritz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Aug 2001 14:36:42 -0500
> make the connection between ingestion and behavior.  Does hair-pulling and
> biting just to blow off extra energy sound familiar?  I'm not really sure
> what type of behavioral issues you mean.

Hair pulling and biting are included in my son's list of "dairy behaviour".
Have you ever had an itch that you can't scratch?  It makes you absolutely
crazy, like bugs under your skin.  My son would pull his own hair (and other
people's too), bite himself, bang his head on the floor or wall repeatedly,
rub against carpet until he was bloody, deliberately throw himself off of
high things just to get the shocking sensation of the impact of the fall to
wave through his body.  It was a nightmare.  He complained that the sheets
on his bed were scratch and noisy.  He was hypersensitive to everything.  It
was as if every nerve in his body was raw and exposed and the only way to
"numb" it out was to hurt himself more or act out physically and
aggressively.  It may look like "venting" or "blowing off energy" but it
could be a cry for help and a way to "scratch" that internal itch.  For my
son dairy rages on his sensory processing so he just goes completely bonkers
and doesn't sleep for days... his body is too irritated and under too much
stress.

> a list to give them.  All of our labels are in Dutch (we live in Holland)
> and I have no idea what whey, carageenan, ghee, casein, hydrolyzed
vegetable
> protein, etc. is in Dutch.

I have a friend that speaks Dutch, I'll see what I can do about getting the
list translated.  Unfortunately some of the words may not translate at all.

Gail