NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kris Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 06:59:26 EST
<< That's funny.  I made it two nights ago and found it didn't taste very nice
at
 all.  It tasted like plain old dark chocolate and was chalky, which is fine
if
 you like chalky dark chocolate.  Recipe attached.

I tried it the other night, and while it wasn't smooth and silky as "milk
chocolate", I thought it was quite good and would certainly satisfy my
daughter.  However, I have Kosher pareve semi-sweet chocolate chips, so I
prefer to melt them down, add a bit more confectioner's sugar and some vanilla
(or maybe some other flavor extracts -- for different flavors experiences?
Maybe chocolate and mint?) to make her own chocolate a little more easily.

But thanks for the recipe, or even melting down the chips wouldn't even have
occurred to me!

Kris