NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 12:21:27 -0500
This recipe is also soy-free and peanut-free.  You could probably use
plain rice milk and skip the nut-butter if you are allergic to tree
nuts, but I've never tried it that way.

1 cup cooked rice
2 cups Almond mylk (or plain rice milk)
1 Tbsp Cashew butter or other nut butter
2 eggs (I use egg-beaters.  Other egg substitutes may work)
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup raisins, plumped
sprinkle cinnamon

simmer the rice and "milk" together for 5-10 minutes.  Add the nut butter.
In a separate container beat the eggs, and add the sugar, vanilla, raisins
and cinnamon.  Mix in the rice/mylk mixture and pour into a greased (use
non-dairy margarine) 2qt caserole.  Sprinkle a little more cinnamon on
top.  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes.

I'd love to see other dairy-free recipes, especially for desserts and
snacks.  Preferrably also soy-free for my purposes.

--Robyn