NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 21:41:56 -0600
For those of you out there who have used an epi-pen...have a question or for
you:

Just had my first prescription for an epi-pen filled and my doctor told me
that I shouldn't use the pen on myself. Instead, she said that I should have
some one else administer the dose. I think I recall at least one of the
mothers on this list saying that her son ate a chicken nugget by mistake
that contained cheese (looked like the ones without cheese) and had to use
his epi-pen on himself.  Figure if a child can self-administer I need not
worry about being alone and needing to self-administer. Just wondering if
anyone has any experience/ideas to share on this topic.

Thanks!
Dawn
:) :) :)