NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Lewis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 10:22:41 -0400
On Tue, 15 Jul 2014, Mark Feblowitz wrote:

> Your supermarket seems late to the game. Or maybe we here in the Boston
> area (where Smart Balance was invented) are a test market? Its been at
> least 2 years since weve seen the emergence of dairy-containing
> varieties (tubs, too). There are quite a few options, and one must be
> quite careful to look every time at the labeling, As for cooking, I
> agree - not the best but still adequate. When I *really* need a butter
> substitute, for baking, I have used the pareve Fleischmanns Unsalted
> sticks.

Down here, some Smart Balance, especially the varieties in any of the
larger containers, have been OuD for as long as I can remember...but the
plain type in the smallest tubs (sold in Publix in two-packs) has been Ou
until recently.

I haven't seen unsalted Fleischmann's in years...all the stores around
here stopped carrying it.

  Jon Lewis, MCP :)           |  I route