NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynda Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 07:44:17 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 1:01:18 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> If I can't get
>  the prescription- or even until I do, how do you supplement fat w/o dairy?
>  My family eats little meat- one or two meals a weeks is a lot of meat for
>  us, so no go there.

I was in a similar situation when my son was a toddler. You can use a soy
supplement for good nutrition and to add any extra fat to the diet, you can
prepare solid food with the addition of oils.  Saute things instead of boiling
things, add a little extra oil or margarine (milk free margarine) on breads,
etc.

You will probably have to rely on legumes (soybeans and other beans) a lot for
protein if you don't use meat as a protein source once you stop soy formula.

Lynda