NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
explorer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 2 May 1997 03:19:32 +0000
http://chronicfatigue.miningco.com/

The above referenced report says that dihomogamma-linolenic acid (DGLA)
is found in mother's milk and that arachidonic acid (AA) is found in
dairy products.  It stands to reason that if a lactose intolerant
individual does not injest dairy products, they are probably deficient
in AA fatty acid.  It also says that lack of minerals (magnesium,
selenium, zinc) and vitamins (B3, B6, C, E), viruses, obesity, diabetes,
aging, and rare genetic mutations can all inhibit omega 6 conversion.
And why are Essential Fatty Acids necessary?

> As structural components of membranes, EFAs help form a barrier that keeps foreign molecules, viruses, yeasts, fungi, and
> bacteria outside of cells, and keeps the cell’s proteins, enzymes, genetic material, and organelles (small organs) inside. They
> also help regulate the traffic of substances in and out of our cells via protein channels, pumps, and other mechanisms.
>
> They perform similar functions in membranes that surround organelles within our cells. EFAs fulfill many functions: (including)
>
>        Help prevent the development of allergies.
>
> When foods are EFA-poor, expect a diversity of health problems.

© 1995 Stephen B. Edelson, M.D., F.A.A.F.P., F.A.A.E.M.