NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lisa Kovaleski <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 2002 15:37:10 EST
Dear E. J.:
My son is almost 2 and has similar anaphylactic reactions to milk/dairy.
Where even if someone has not washed their face after consuming dairy and
kisses him he turns bright red and breaks out in hives-then-the benedryl
drill etc.  It is great to know that there are other Moms/people with the
same concerns and issues.  I am curios to know if your son attended preschool
and if so at what age did you send him?  School is a daunting prospect for us
as we have had similar reactions from people.  I had one woman question both
my love for my son and my intelligence at even considering sending Jack to
preschool & regular school instead of home schooling.  We've also had parties
requesting that no outside food be brought and platters of cheese
mysteriously show up and the people who brought it are offended because you
have not put it out "for others to enjoy."  It's as if people think you are
making up the situation for attention.  But then there are others -- such as
neighbors who have gone out of their way to find out what kind of candy Jack
can have so he can trick-or-treat safely.  I guess that it all boils down to
the fact that there are a lot of jerks in this world as well as decent folk.
Hopefully, the jerks are in the minority?
best,
lisa