NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Amanda Lucas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:10:19 -0800
As many of you know I am allergic to milk with
negative skin tests 4+ yrs ago.  Recently I have
begun reacting to cheese more severely than milk.  I
have 2 little boys and one day I reacted to their
grilled cheese sandwiches on the stove.  Today about
1 minute after I gave my 2 yr old a piece of American
cheese, my thumb & index finger on both hands began
to itch and got really red ( I had a piece in each
hand at one point).  I am trying to determine if the
caesin level in the cheese is a lot higher than in
milk?  I can drip a drop of milk on my hand and do
not react that I notice.  Or am I just becoming more
sensative.  Are there any milk products that don't
have caesin?   Grrr, this is getting more complicated
by the day.

Manda