NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:11:20 +0100
 Hi all
 Below is copy of question I've been asked
If anyone can help I would be grateful, I know that antibiotics can act as
a trigger but not heard about this anti malarial drug

Thanks

Alan

A question for you ...

I developed a dairy allergy (including goats milk too) about 1.5 years
ago at age 31. I understand that allergies can come on in adulthood for
no apparent reason but personally suspect that some trigger is usually
involved. Shortly before I developed the allergy I took the notorious
anti-malarial meflaquine (common name Lariam) and had some of the
reported problems with that. My unproven suspicion is that the Lariam
was the trigger for change, bringing about the development of my dairy
allergy.

My question is this - have you heard of anyone else raising the
possibility of Lariam triggering such a change ?

Alan

      UK's only site for the Lactose Intolerant try....
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/town/avenue/yd71/index.htm