NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Heidi Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:25:55 -0400
Do I have to bring enough food for the 17 to 20 hour flight?

>Chris in Arid Austin

Depends on the airline you use and the degree of reaction you suffer. Some
airlines are good about being careful, so if you plan ahead, you might be
ok. Fortunately, I don't have extremely severe reactions unless it's an
obvious dairy source: cheese, milk, yogurt, cream cheese, etc.

Bringing enough food for a trip of that length could get hairy--especially
because of the international nature. Don't they put restrictions on
transportation of food (especially fresh fruits & veggies)? I had a
diabetic grandmother who had an orange confiscated on a flight either to or
from Mexico. I think the premise is fear of transporting
disease/parasites/etc.

Heidi