NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Larissa Blechman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Jun 1998 21:16:30 -0400
The basic ketogenic diet calls for 20 grams of carbohydrate per day,
about a small salad per day, in additon to fats and proteins, that was
perfect for getting me out of trouble but very difficult to maintain for
the rest of my life and I don't think quite safe either .  basically she
had me increase the amount of carbs to the level that I could function
well at.  I am very sensitive to grain carbs and eat very little if I
want to feel my best.  Like anyone else I like goodies sometimes but get
totally addicted to them and crave them once I start eating them.  Like
everyone else on this list I eat no milk products and they usually
figure rather prominantly on a ketogenic diet that is also a major
modification from the diet.

Larissa