NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2001 09:51:59 -0400
Is anyone out there making a non-dairy yogurt? I am tired of paying a
dollar for 6 ozs of soy yogurt. A friend gave me a yogurt maker yesterday
and excitedly I tried it last night. I followed the directions and used
Better than Milk soy powdered milk, some plain soy yogurt with live
cultures for starter and some powdered acidolophilous for good measure.
Plugged it in and checked it at 6 hours and again at 12 hours. It did not
get thick. The flavor was the tart yogurt flavor, but it was still a
liquid. I would appreciate any tips on techinique as I do not have a clue
of the fundamental process so do not know how to make adjustments.
Trying to feed a family of yogurt eaters without going broke,
Sharon in Virginia