NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 07:28:44 EST
I am wondering if anyone has had a similar experience.  My 4yr old son threw
up early Sunday morning.  The rest of the day he was fine, no other symptoms.
 This morning, starting 2am he has been throwing up, then dry heaves, and now
diarrhea and heaves.  Still no other symptoms whatsoever.

He has never reacted to milk this way before, but as we struggle for
explanation we have come up with this:  Saturday late afternoon he ate approx
two pizza crusts (just the edge part) which would have had cheese grease and
possibly milk in the dough.  He also had a few tootsie rolls.  Today he had
one sugar cone that may have had milk products (ingredients not available)
but absolutely no other milk products today.

Since infancy he has developed welts and eczema when exposed to milk
products.  Sometimes there is no reaction at all.  Lately the trace amounts
in baked goods, tootsie rolls, etc. have not seemed to bother him, so I have
become a bit more lax about giving him that.  Could the trace dairy have
built up enough to now cause this never before seen reaction?  It doesn't
seem like he has had enough, but I find it hard to believe that a virus could
skip three days and have no other symptoms.

Thanks in advance for all of your help, I find myself trusting this list more
than any doctor's advice (which he has not seen an allergist).

jen