NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Art Pightling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Nov 1997 07:06:44 -0600
You wrote:

>There has been a lot of mention lately on this list of the book:
>        >"Is This Your Child" by Dr. Doris Rapp
>Question for any of you who have read it, does it get into older
children
>or does it address infant problems as well?

This book covers ALL ages- infancy up to, and including adulthood.  It
seems as though the symptoms that were once thought to be "outgrown" as
the child gets older, often get replaced by different symptoms.  The
body still does not like the allergen, but how it manifests this may
evolve as the person gets older.  It's just that many symptoms were not
related to eating a certain food, so the awareness of the link was not
there.  Now, with a more expanded definition of allergy, and a little
better understanding, we realize that these things often do not just go
away.  I do not mean to contradict those who say that their's have gone
away over time- this may be true - but many times the symptoms are just
different.

Kim