NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 14:06:24 -0500
On Nov 2, 2005, at 1:50 PM, Brandy Karcher wrote:

> Do you know how long it normally takes to get the "milk" out of
> your system.
============

when we were diagnosed as having celiac disease and a casein
intolerance we were told that we could expect to feel better any time
from 2-6 weeks after going strictly GFCF and that it could take up to
two years for the damage to be undone.

I don't know how much of that information was about the  gluten and
how much was about casein.

I had an accidental dairy ingestion two weeks ago.  within 20 minutes
I knew that I had eaten dairy and my GI system still hasn't settled
down (nor the pain in my hands).

I just want to stress to you, as others have done, that you need to
read labels very carefully.  Dairy free does not mean casein free.
If your children are allergic/intolerant to casein probably won't be
able to give them most "dairy-free" items as most of the foods that
have the claim "dairy-free' contain casein.

Sherene