NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elaine Coloura <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:26:44 EST
In a message dated 12/20/2000 6:29:57 AM Central Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

<< Since infancy he has developed welts and eczema when exposed to milk
 products.  Sometimes there is no reaction at all.  Lately the trace amounts
 in baked goods, tootsie rolls, etc. have not seemed to bother him, so I have
 become a bit more lax about giving him that.  Could the trace dairy have
 built up enough to now cause this never before seen reaction?  It doesn't
 seem like he has had enough, but I find it hard to believe that a virus could
 skip three days and have no other symptoms. >>

I was told that YES dairy proteins can build up in a system and cause a
reaction.  Although there is also a bug going around too that mimics these
symptoms EXACTLY. MOst of the kids in my classroom have been out the last two
weeks. A baby at my baby's daycare went home today with this exact thing too.

Hopefully it's just a bug that will soon pass.

Elaine Coloura