NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marla Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Sep 2002 14:08:03 -0400
most people really don't have a clue. i've bought a few dz of the laminated wallet sized "dairy ingredient" cards from the food allergy network, & every parent of my daughter's friends, every friend whoever feeds us, & every relative of mine has one, & that's been incredibly helpful...not so much that they actually compare item by item to every food label, but rather that they now "get" how complicated it is & check w/ me before giving her just about anything..... i've gotten to where i've even given a few to the mgrs. at my local grocery store just to educate & prove my point....(they also come in refridgerator magnets now, which i've given out at her daycare to put on the fridges there....). marla.

Marla Shapiro, Ph.D.
MSC 5A0622
Regents Center for Learning Disorders
Georgia State University
33 Gilmer Street SE, Unit 5
Atlanta, GA 30303-3085

>>> [log in to unmask] 09/27/02 12:29PM >>>
Simon,

I am so amazed what some peoples' definition of dairy is.  They assume if...

...I realize it's not one of those obvious dairy ingredients to the average
person, but dairy nonetheless.  Needless to say her entire family got a
lesson on what is and what is not dairy.

You are so very right - we just have to keep vigilant.

Warm wishes,
Debby
Introducing NetZero Long Distance