NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jennie Semo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 29 Apr 2001 09:36:52 -0500
Hello,

This list has been very helpful! My 10 year old daughter is still adjusting
to this milk free diet and to being peanut free, tree nut free, and berry
free. (I think she misses the peanuts and berries the most.) She gets
digestive upset and hives from milk and also gets hives with the other
foods. She even gets hives with all of the above if the food just comes in
contact with her skin. Hard to eat in the cafeteria when the others are
drinking milk and eating peanut butter and strawberry jelly sandwiches ;o(
She has had a few days when she has itchy hands from spilt milk and
such..... But that is another story.

To get to my reason for this posting; I was searching the archives and did
find a discussion about off the shelf products, but it was from over a year
ago. I was wondering if we could do this again?

Here is a listing of some of the items we use that are milk, peanut, tree
nut and berry free; (to the best of our knowledge):

White Wave Silk Soy Milk, plain, vanilla and chocolate flavors
Unfrosted brown sugar Pop Tarts
Chex cereals, all types
Rice Krispies
Barilla pastas, many different shapes
Ragu Marinara sauce
Food Club brand 100% Grape juice and Apple juice
Rice Dream Vanilla soy ice cream
Dinty Moore Beef Stew
Lay's plain Potato Chips
Heinz jar gravies (not the chicken)
Fleishmans unsalted stick margarine
P&C Foods white enriched King Bread
Polar Tuna
Welch's grape jelly
Hellmann's mayo
French's Mustard
Heinz Ketchup

As you can see she is limited in the quick to eat snacks and dinners. We
are still searching for products to add to her diet. She had a nasty
reaction (hives on most of her body) to Oscar Meyer honey smoked white
turkey. Right now she is pretty much limited to tuna or grape jelly
sandwiches for her packed school lunch.

Thanks,
Jennie, Katie's Mom
From Central NY