NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
P & M Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Jan 1999 19:22:02 -0800
Lisa Rivero writes wonderful recipes for a health food (in MIlwaukee Wisconsin)
store that sells their "Outpost Exchange" newsletter. Mostly packed with
advertisements for products and alternative medical practices.  The newsletter
runs $ 12 a year (I have no ties to this group).  For more info their email
address is [log in to unmask]   This last month Lisa had holiday recipes like
Peach Crumble Cake, Pumkin Tofu Cream Filling, Almond Bars and Double Pecan
Maple Pie. all dairy free.  My guess is the recipes may work for you if you
buy products often from a buying club or health food store.

Lisa writes lots of nice recipes that are vegetarian but never have dairy in
them.  She has a web page at http://www.execpc.com/~veggie/ that have recipes
at that site.  Book reviews too.

Possible Cookbook solutions - Secrets of Lactose Cook Book has favorite recipes
often using tofu for dairy.  Beth Kidder wrote the Milk Free Kitchen Cookbook
which we use often.  The most used cookbook in our house is the Food Allergy
Cookbook http://www.foodallergy.org/  My son begs for the donut recipe (easy
and dairy free).  The book is now available through your bookstore for around
$16.