NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kimberly Sherwood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:22:56 EST

<< > Does anyone have a child who out grew a milk allergy? I keep hearing she
 > may out grow it but I don't know wether to believe it or not.

From what I've read, no one really "outgrows" a dairy allergy.  What can
happen is the original syptoms go away and the doc thinks the child has
outgrown the allergy.  Then, other symptoms or illness appear, and many times
no one realizes it is the old dairy allergy rearing it's head.  I know of a
lot of adults who "used to be allergic" when they were kids, went back to
eating it, and ended up with all kinds of problems, such has ulcerative
colitis, asthma, sinus infections, irritable bowel, etc.  Point is, humans
were never intended to drink the milk of another mammal in the first place!

Kim