NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 06:07:02 -0400
At 12:45 AM 6/21/2011, you wrote:
 >I need to switch emails and I know there is a way to start the other one and
 >quit this email but I need to know the exact command. I tend to screw it up
 >trying to do it by memory. Can someone help?

What you need is the CHANGE command. These days most people use the
web interface to manage their subscriptions. That can be found here:

http://listserv.icors.org/SCRIPTS/WA-ICORS.EXE?SUBED1=no-milk&A=1

All commands can be found here:
http://www.lsoft.com/manuals/16.0/htmlhelp/list%20subscribers/LSCommands.html

The CHANGE extracted from that page:

CHANGE listname|* newaddr
This form of the CHANGE command can be used by any subscriber. It
must be sent from the currently-subscribed address and results in an
OK confirmation request being sent back to that address. This cookie
then MUST be confirmed by the currently-subscribed address, exactly
as it was entered, or the command will fail. This is the only case
where a LISTSERV cookie must be confirmed by a specific address. Note
that this assumes that the user still has login access to both
addresses, or at least the ability to send mail from the old address.

Commands are sent to [log in to unmask], and not to the
address that you send messages to.

Also I can issue the CHANGE command without having access to both accounts.

Don.