NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Rock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Feb 2007 10:36:21 -0500
Let me add my kudos to Steve on this response. Two points:
1) It's hard to imagine how Ms. Gallant could have spent this much time
on this list and still profess to not understand the difference between
lactose intolerance and dairy allergies. Since an anaphalactic reaction
to a trigger can be fatal, you might think the difference would be
clear. It's probably one of the most basic issues of the lactose
debate; for her to be hazy on it seems astonishing.

Anywise,  I've never heard of anyone being in agony from consuming
dairy
2) Her casual and unfeeling dismissal of the severity of a lactose
response is also surprising and appalling. if she's been reading anyone
else's posts at all, the experiences of LI people who suffer terribly
from an accidental ingestion  have been well documented on this list. I
refer her to Stefanie's post. My nephew was 5 when he was finally
diagnosed; anyone who has seen a small child in the grip of an LI
reaction would concur.

It makes me wonder how much of the list she reads.

Libby