NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
DAVID POHLE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 May 1998 10:33:19 -0400
I've just completed my first year with extreme lactose
intolerance.  Like many of you, it took a long time for
this to be diagnosed because doctors looked for
non-dietary causes of my problem (which was chronic
diarrhea).

I am now well adjusted to the situation.  I've found lots
of replacements for things that I liked to eat regularly
that had milk in them (e.g., Thomas' Oat Bran English
Muffins in place of hamburger buns for my burgers).
I've also learned to eat more Asian ethnic food.  You
just get used to it.

Dave